For more information about Marriage and Family Life Ministry in the Diocese of Arundel & Brighton please use contact details above.
The Diocese’s Marriage and Family Life Team seeks:-
- To promote, through our network, the value of marriage as the strongest basis for family development which in turn forms the cornerstone of society. Our network extends beyond the Catholic Church and includes both ecumenical and interfaith work. We continue to work through schools and parishes in the specific areas of marriage preparation, marriage and family support and relationship enrichment. We recognise that there are a significant number of families who are either separated or blended and thus are in special need of pastoral support and care.
- To enable young people to discern the true vocation to marriage. We do this through working with our partner charity, Explore, and secondary schools in the Diocese. This work will naturally extend to other schools that will see this as part of the wider development of society. This work forms part of the curriculum for both citizenship and PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education)
- To recognise the special involvement that grandparents have in families in terms of family support, child care and the passing on of faith and values. We aim to support grandparents, as an integral part of society, in this vital role.
- To work with our partner groups and networks to provide pastoral support to families and individuals, particularly where standard support networks either do not exist or are not available to those individuals. Our particular focus continues to be in the areas of domestic abuse, dementia and mental ill health.
For more information about Marriage and Family Life Ministry in the Diocese of Brentwood please use the contact details above.
The Marriage and Family Life Commission aims to:
- promote marriage and family life within the Diocese
- increase awareness of ways of helping families live the Christian life
- promote good preparation for those getting married
- promote support for those who are married
- have a care for those who experience difficulty in their marriage and family life
The Commission consists of:
- married couples appointed by the Bishop and representing the geographic areas of the diocese
- clergy appointed by the Bishop
- individuals from schools and specialist services as needed for consultation at the request of Commission members and with the approval of the Bishop
For further details please contact Bonnie Lander Johnson
For more information about the Marriage and Family Life Ministry in the Diocese of Northampton please use contact details above.
For more information about the Marriage and Family Life Ministry in the Diocese of Nottingham please use contact details above.
For more information about Marriage and Family Life Ministry in the Archdiocese of Southwark please use contact details above.
More Contact Details
The Church is committed to proclaiming its teachings about the gifts of life, marriage and the family. Adult formation and educative strategies are key to this. In Westminster we continually develop a range of resources, initiatives and events that help to cultivate a marriage-building culture.
- We are available to visit parishes including schools to address gatherings on marriage and family issues.
- We aim to promote pro-life and marriage education, by offering resources for parents, clergy and others as well as organising speakers and events.
- We help to identify and develop resources and formation programmes to help parents and those who support parents to embrace their role as the primary educators of their children with renewed confidence and hope.
- We seek new ways to proclaim the truth, goodness and beauty of life, marriage and family within the Church especially through the increasingly popular ‘theology of the body’.
- We have established and will supervise a team of clergy skilled in providing appropriate spiritual/pastoral guidance to those affected by HIV.
- Collaboration with the Bishops Conference National MFL Project Office and the Association of Diocesan Coordinators for Marriage & Family “FAMILIAS” network
Our work also includes awareness of issues surrounding contraception, abortion and euthanasia as well as reproductive technologies, embryo experimentation and other medical/bio-ethical questions in the light of Catholic teaching.
For more information about Marriage and Family Life Ministry in the Archdiocese of Westminster please use the contact details above.