FAMILIAS’ business is conducted by an Executive, comprising two elected representatives from each region, the Chair of the Bishops' Committee for Marriage and Family Life, the national Marriage and Family Life Office Advisers and any co-opted members as agreed by the Executive. The Executive is also supported by a part-time Administrator.
Anne-Marie SparrowSouth West Region Representative
Anne-Marie has been the voluntary Marriage and Family Life coordinator for Clifton Diocese since 2009. She has been married to Colin for over 40 years and has 3 children and 7 grandchildren.
Categories: Familias Steering Group
Updated 11 months ago.
Role of the FAMILIAS Executive:
- To formulate policy of the Association for approval by a simple majority of full members
- To propose fees for membership and associate membership; draft a budget for the approval of members and make payments on behalf of the Association
- To propose alterations to the constitution, for submission to members for agreement by a two-thirds majority
- Set up and manage resource databases
- Organise national meetings of Marriage & Family Life Coordinators
- Consider and seek opinions from all members, through their regional steering group representatives, regarding action on proposals made by members
- Set up and maintain records of members and associate members
- Be a contact point for the media and represent the Association externally