The preparatory document for the Extraordinary Synod on the Family has been published. Seven pages long (including this title page) it is extremely readable and includes 39 questions ranging over 9 areas:
1.The Diffusion of the Teachings on the Family in Sacred Scripture and the Church’s Magisterium
2. Marriage according to the Natural Law
3. The Pastoral Care of the Family in Evangelization
4. Pastoral Care in Certain Difficult Marital Situations
5. On Unions of Persons of the Same Sex
6. The Education of Children in Irregular Marriages
7. The Openness of the Married Couple to Life
8. The Relationship Between the Family and the Person9. Other Challenges and Proposals
Download the full preparatory document and read further information here.
Responses to these questions are now being received by the dioceses. If you wish to respond please do so as soon as possible so that reports can be compiled by December 20th. There is an opportunity to make a response online here.
Visit our online retrospective on the 1980 Ordinary Synod on the Family here. This includes a series of interview clips with Archbishop Vincent Nichols and podcasts by Dr David Thomas, both of whom attended the synod as periti.